It’s been an ongoing debate for years: What is the best dog box for your truck? Is it an aluminum dog crate or a traditional crate? It used to be that the large, bulky aluminum dog crate was the safest way to transport your dog. But that’s no longer the case. Gunner has produced a kennel that is safer and more fitting to most lifestyles. Here are four reasons why a Gunner kennel is the best truck kennel for your hunting dog.
Flexibility is a major benefit of a Gunner kennel, especially if you’re mainly using it as a hunting dog crate.
Our G1™ kennel is designed for travel. Its portability lets you take it anywhere and move it between home and truck easily. Don’t worry if you have to take a buddy’s truck out for a hunting trip or if you’re staying at a lodge for the weekend–your Gunner kennel can come with you.
Debating if an aluminum dog crate is right for you and your pup? Think twice before going in that direction. Even our largest G1™ kennel is less bulky than the standard aluminum dog crate that usually takes up most of the space in your truck bed.
With the G1™, you have the advantage of being able to move your kennel from vehicle to vehicle. And you can do all this without disturbing your dog’s sanctuary and safe space.
“Exceptional value and made rock solid. I sold all my aluminum kennels and now use only Gunner Kennels.” – George P., trainer
First and foremost, the best dog box for your truck must be safe. At Gunner, safety is our number one priority.
An estimated 100,000 dogs are killed each year from riding in truck beds alone–not to mention dogs who die from general car accidents. This statistic is shocking and an important reason why we’ve made safety our primary goal here at Gunner.
The G1™ kennel is the only 5 Star Crash Tested dog kennel on the market. It was awarded this certification through rigorous testing standards set by the Center For Pet Safety. In 2015, the organization tested its first round of products using this protocol. 85% of all the products tested failed, but Gunner Kennels passed. Like we said–safety matters to us.
Now, we have to say that CPS hasn’t yet tested traditional dog boxes. In fact, we can’t really find well-documented testing for them–but they have put other plastic and aluminum crate options on trial. None have been able to pass muster.
Plus, we’ve conducted our own tests. We’ve thrown the G1™ off a 200-foot cliff, shot it with a 12-gauge shotgun at 7 steps, dropped a 630 lb. sled on it from 8 feet high, and applied consistent pressure all the way up to 4,000 pounds (at which point the G1™ broke the machine…. We don’t actually know how much it can withstand). Even the best aluminum dog crate can’t withstand that much force.
To say that your choice of a kennel isn’t important is to put your dog’s life on the line. Even the most careful hunters (and drivers) know that accidents happen. So when they do, make sure your pup is in the safest dog box he can get, which is a Gunner kennel–it can actually save his life.
Engineered for your dog, designed for travel, and built for your peace of mind, nothing comes close to a G1™ kennel. Here are a few of the features that make a Gunner kennel the best dog box for your truck:
- Double-Wall Construction: Heavy duty for the safety factor, but not immovable. Double layer also guards against UV rays, humidity, and outside chill
- Stainless Steel Hardware & Water-Repelling Windows: our vents were engineered to limit penetration of seasonal elements like rain, sleet, and snow. Stainless steel hardware prevents ugly rusting and ensures your crate will last a lifetime.
- Non-slip Elevated Feet: Raises crate off the ground, limiting heat transmission–or conduction–from surfaces. Plus, it stabilizes the kennel and minimizes slippage
- Drainage System & Drain Plug: a recessed floor makes sure your dog isn’t sitting in water or mud and includes a removable drain plug for easy cleaning.
- Superstrong Carry Handles: these kayak-grade handles offer an easy front grasp and helps to move the heavy-duty crate.
- Escape-Proof, Reversible Door: our nylon door is custom welded, powder coated, and reinforced with an aluminum frame powerful enough to contain even the greatest escape artist.
- Built-In Tie Down Pins: your crate won’t wobble in the wind with these built-in pins to secure your kennel is strapped down in the vehicle.
Many dog owners are concerned about the price and value of their desired kennel. It often seems like the options are to pay an arm and a leg for the best aluminum dog box or go with a cheaper plastic crate option that isn’t trustworthy.
Not only is a Gunner kennel cheaper than a custom aluminum box–it’s designed to last forever. Gunner guarantees a lifetime warranty, provides better safety for your dog, and offers more versatility for your lifestyle.
You can rest assured that a Gunner kennel is the best dog box for your truck and home to keep your dog safe and comfortable wherever you go. After all, man’s best friend deserves man’s best kennel.
Read more: The World’s Best and Most Durable Dog Crate
G1™ FAN KIT
share this story